VOLUMETRIC VR HOLOGRAMS
LiveStage™ is a volumetric capture system to generate real-time holograms for location based VR, mixed reality, volumetric video, live performances, telepresence, previsualization, and virtual production.
LiveStage™ is Imverse flagship product: a real-time volumetric capture system where users’ holograms are generated live. Beyond avatars, LiveStage™ is the only embodiment system for Location Based VR Entertainment that allows the creation of immersive, photorealistic games and experiences where the participants see their self 3D capture inside the virtual world, interacting with each other and the environment using their own holographic body. No controllers nor sensors needed.
* For projects specific to Location Based Entertainment, join us at imverse.com/lbe.
Benefit from a low footprint live volumetric capture system. Instantaneous real-time capturing & rendering makes the content creation process more immediate and allows to achieve VR embodiment. Hardware supported include Kinect and RealSense
Unlike motion capture, volumetric capture includes photographic color information and higher precision, including the motion itself. Using several depth video cameras in an outside-in fashion, it results in more natural, social, and sharable experiences
Voxels – volumetric pixels – allow us to 3D capture & render subjects like humans in real-time, turning them into “holograms”. Voxels outperform polygons when it comes to live capturing multiple people as well as rendering volumes, organic bdies, and close-ups
How it looks
Take a look at some of the first features of LiveMaker. More will be coming up!
(Update video to show updated features: holograms, timeline, VFX etc. and remove the Venus.)
- Real-time volumetric holograms integration in LiveMaker™: capture real people and participants as voxel holograms through our proprietary camera stages to create mixed reality LBE content or to record and playback performers and actors in a live action fashion
- Real-time volumetric holograms editing: position the dynamic holographic assets in the 3D scene, scale, switch first and third person perspectives, cast shadows from lighting
- Recorded volumetric holograms: record characters and performances of actors, singers, dancers, game masters, without the headset, as istantaneous photoreal humans you can playback for stronger narratives that feel more humans, with little or no footprint.
- Real-time volumetric holograms interactivity: use the body itself as input to trigger events and actions
- Apply live visual effect simulations on the holograms themselves
- Skeletal rigging on hologramsg
- Morphing bewteen objects/assets/holograms
- Previsualization and virtual production support through cinematography tools
- Plug-in integration with Unity 3D and Steam VR with limited features
- Over the past few years, we’ve participated in several forums and festivals, demonstrating the capabilities of LiveStage™ in collaboration with virtual reality artists. We co-produced the groundbreaking experiences Elastic Time and Interlooped which have re-inveted the medium. Today, the outcome of those experimentations lead us to work on a premium state-of-the-art MacGyver Location Based VR Escape Room and more consumer entertainment collaborations.